Although it is not the busiest time of year for the real estate market, winter can be a great time to buy or sell a home. This is due in large part to the market shrinking during the cold, snowy months.
With fewer buyers and sellers actively seeking to move real estate, winter offers a much less competitive landscape, resulting in more flexible sellers and better deals available for buyers.
The obstacles associated with winter, including a decreased curb appeal, slippery sidewalks, and an overabundance of snow are still present; however, when buyers make their way out to a showing in spite of these obstacles, you can be sure they are serious about purchasing a home.
For more information about buying or selling a home, please contact us.
As a result of a somewhat dismal housing market in recent years, rentals across major U.S. cities have surged while the number of homeowners have dwindled. However, with home prices expected to fall by anywhere from 15 to 30 percent this year, experts predict buying will become superior to renting sometime in 2011.
This, coupled with expectations of rising rental rates this year, could spell a positive 2011 for the hosuing market.
A complete list of price to rent ratios in major U.S. cities can be found by clicking the “Full Article” link below. For more information on the differences between renting and buying a home, contact us today!
In a recent National Association of REALTORS® survey, 8 out of 10 respondents said they still believe purchasing a home is a sound financial decision.
Despite beliefs that “banks have made it too hard to qualify for a home mortgage loan,” more than two-thirds of those surveyed said that now is a good time to purchase.
Although interest rates have increased slightly over the past few weeks, they remain at low levels. Contact us today for more information on buying or selling a home!
Doom and gloom has dominated news concerning the real estate market ever since the expiration of the $8,000 first-time homebuyer tax credit. But why is this the case? Home prices are low, mortgage rates are lower, and the market is primed for consumers to take advantage of home ownership.
On that note, Keller Williams has provided a free e-book for consumers outlining seven reasons why now is a great time to purchase a home, including the first 3, noted below:
- Homes have never been more affordable.
- Mortgage rates are at rock bottom and won’t stay there forever.
- Prices are trending up.
The final four reasons – as well as additional explanation of each – can be accessed by clicking here or on the image above.
When you are ready to begin the home search process, contact us!
A recent article published on Brett Arends’ Wall Street Journal blog attempts to reverse the theory that home ownership is a bad idea in today’s housing market. A recent Time cover featured an article on “rethinking homeownership” and why “owning a home may no longer make economic sense.” In rebuttal, Arends has 10 reasons why buying a home makes perfect sense. Included here are the first three. Click the full article link below for 4-10 and a complete explanation of each advantage.
- You can get a good deal.
- Mortgages are cheap.
- You’ll save on taxes.
Contact us today for more information on why capitalizing on low interest rates may be the perfect decision for you!
kw | contact
kw | tags
- Using your home to improve your home ∞ msn.com/en-us/money/ho… https://t.co/8NTN1R42Jz 12 hours ago
- Want to buy the former home of Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio? No? Ok, how about peeking inside:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- #Truth 😂🤣😂🤣 https://t.co/s9uCKY0nNx 3 days ago
- Have you ever lived the same home for 10 years and had to do these? msn.com/en-us/money/re… https://t.co/IEP0QfwMRu 6 days ago
- Do you know any millennials looking to buy a home? bit.ly/2S6qrDF https://t.co/Cfels5Yooi 1 week ago
- KW Takes the Tech Revolution on the Road December 13, 2018
- December Housing Market Update December 10, 2018
- The New Homeowner’s Checklist – 13 Things to Do After the Close December 6, 2018
- Get the Price Right in a Shift December 6, 2018
- The Smart Cloud Advantage November 29, 2018
kw | stats
- 14,321 Visits