June’s “This Month in Real Estate” video has been released. This edition”s top story concerns the most common repairs made to a home prior to its sale. Several market statistics for the year thus far are also included, revealing that the median sales price for homes nationally is $164,000 with mortgage rates continuing to decline. For the full story and more, click the “Play” button below.
For more information on the real estate market or to speak to one of our agents about buying or selling a home, contact us today!
Thinking about selling your home? Here are five actions you can take now to help prepare your home for the market, courtesy of the National Association of REALTORS® website.
1. Have a pre-sale home inspection. Be proactive by arranging for a pre-sale home inspection. An inspector will be able to give you a good indication of the trouble areas that will stand out to potential buyers, and you’ll be able to make repairs before open houses begin.
2. Organize and clean. Pare down clutter and pack up your least-used items, such as large blenders and other kitchen tools, out-of-season clothes, toys, and exercise equipment. Store items off-site or in boxes neatly arranged in the garage or basement. Clean the windows, carpets, walls, lighting fixtures, and baseboards to make the house shine.
3. Get replacement estimates. Do you have big-ticket items that are worn our or will need to be replaced soon, such as your roof or carpeting? Get estimates on how much it would cost to replace them, even if you don’t plan to do it yourself. The figures will help buyers determine if they can afford the home, and will be handy when negotiations begin.
4. Find your warranties. Gather up the warranties, guarantees, and user manuals for the furnace, washer and dryer, dishwasher, and any other items that will remain with the house.
5. Spruce up the curb appeal. Pretend you’re a buyer and stand outside of your home. As you approach the front door, what is your impression of the property? Do the lawn and bushes look neatly manicured? Is the address clearly visible? Are pretty flowers or plants framing the entrance? Is the walkway free from cracks and impediments?
If you are ready to list, contact a Keller Williams associate today! Our agents are armed with the knowledge and skill sets you need to sell your home quickly and effectively.
Although the many steps you can take to prepare your home for sale may have your head spinning, 5 tips provided by HouseLogic can help get you on track.
Suggestions include having a home inspection, obtaining replacement estimates, making minor repairs, and more.
For additional tips, please click the link below, and for more information on buying or selling real estate, please contact us!
There are many factors which can add to a home’s value: a great location, an updated kitchen, new bathroom countertops, and much more. However, some homeowners remain puzzled concerning which updates they should make that will result in the best value upgrade for their home.
A recent article posted on Yahoo! Finance tackles this issue in an attempt to inform buyers of the upgrades which do not add value to a home. Some of the upgrades discussed include swimming pools, extensive landscaping, and wall-to-wall carpeting.
Source: Yahoo! Finance