With spring in full swing, now is a great time to take some simple steps to brighten your home for potential buyers. Here are a few tips for spring staging courtesy of HGTV’s FrontDoor.
- Do some spring cleaning. It’s natural to want to spruce up your space in the spring, so scrub away! A sparkling home will impress buyers and make your home seem even more appealing.
- Box up your winter wardrobe. Bulky winter clothes take up lots of space, so move them out as you de-clutter your closets. You’ll impress buyers with all that space.
- Spruce up the entryway. If your welcome mat is covered with winter dirt, pick up a new one. A clean, pretty doorway will help set the tone for the entire showing.
May’s “This Month in Real Estate” video has been released. This month’s top story focuses on the positive effects staging can have on the sale of a home. Of particular note, KW research finds that $250 spent on staging for a $200,000 home can result in the home selling for a 2 percent higher sales price. For the complete story and more, click the “Play” button below.
For more information on staging and how it can lead to the sale of your home, contact us today!
Thinking about selling your home? Here are five actions you can take now to help prepare your home for the market, courtesy of the National Association of REALTORS® website.
1. Have a pre-sale home inspection. Be proactive by arranging for a pre-sale home inspection. An inspector will be able to give you a good indication of the trouble areas that will stand out to potential buyers, and you’ll be able to make repairs before open houses begin.
2. Organize and clean. Pare down clutter and pack up your least-used items, such as large blenders and other kitchen tools, out-of-season clothes, toys, and exercise equipment. Store items off-site or in boxes neatly arranged in the garage or basement. Clean the windows, carpets, walls, lighting fixtures, and baseboards to make the house shine.
3. Get replacement estimates. Do you have big-ticket items that are worn our or will need to be replaced soon, such as your roof or carpeting? Get estimates on how much it would cost to replace them, even if you don’t plan to do it yourself. The figures will help buyers determine if they can afford the home, and will be handy when negotiations begin.
4. Find your warranties. Gather up the warranties, guarantees, and user manuals for the furnace, washer and dryer, dishwasher, and any other items that will remain with the house.
5. Spruce up the curb appeal. Pretend you’re a buyer and stand outside of your home. As you approach the front door, what is your impression of the property? Do the lawn and bushes look neatly manicured? Is the address clearly visible? Are pretty flowers or plants framing the entrance? Is the walkway free from cracks and impediments?
If you are ready to list, contact a Keller Williams associate today! Our agents are armed with the knowledge and skill sets you need to sell your home quickly and effectively.
Are you thinking about selling your home? One of the toughest battles you will face is maximizing your home’s appeal to potential buyers. As such, you may need to think about sprucing up some of the most scrutinzed rooms in your home, such as the kitchen.
The HomeStagingChannel provides several staging tips for presenting a fabulous kitchen to buyers in the video below, including clearing clutter from the countertops and cleaning out unused items from the cabinets. Please click the “Play” button below to begin the video.
For more information on staging your home, contact us today!
In the video below, John Mangano of the Home Staging Channel presents several staging tips for your master bedroom. In addition to keeping the colors in your master neutral, Mangano also suggests creating a look that will appeal to both sexes. Click the “Play” button for more tips on how to better prepare your master bedroom for showings.
In many scenarios, a properly staged home can be the difference between a quick sale or a stagnant listing with little to no showings. The tips outlined in this article will allow you to increase your selling power without breaking the bank. Please click the “Full Article” link below for a full explanation on the following tips:
- Replace Hardware
- Let the Light in
- Spruce up the Yard
- Clear Out Clutter